Thursday 24 September 2009

Opinions everywhere

Who was it said "opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one but no-one wants to see yours"?

I went to get my hair cut on Sunday morning. It's a simple task, I tell the stylist what I want, she cuts it, I pay money, everyone's happy. So why was it the ignorant bint I got stuck with this week looked at me like a space alien when I said I was in my early 40s and about to have twins then droned about kids names, quite frankly madam, I'm not surprised your parents called you Belle, the only shock was that they missed the word "end" off of it.

For reasons I don't yet understand the whole thing has REALLY annoyed me, normally I wouldn't pay any attention to it but it's really got under my skin.

I'm massively excited at the prospect of our daughters, more so then I ever thought possible and I'm starting to get quite hostile towards anyone who criticises me, Elly or the twins. Maybe I'm just becoming overly-protective dad but it really sticks in my throat...

In other news, Ell and the twins are doing well and she thinks she's starting to feel proper kicks, which is fantastic news! I have to say I'm utterly jealous and can't wait to feel them moving but I've waited this long so I can wait a little while longer (just not too much longer!)

We've also sorted out our pram choices, it looks like the Leebruss Zoom is the carriage of choice after we spent the better part of an hour in Kingston last week playing with one. I am now an interim expert in pram put-up and take-down with a minor degree in pram navigation, best of all, it's not that expensive, especially when you consider it'll be carrying two little angels :)

Next week is 19 weeks and I'm trying not to think about it, Matthew's sac ruptured at 19 weeks so we really need to get through it and out the other side, it's an artificial milestone I know, but it's important to get it out of the way, once we have, we can shoot for 22 weeks then 24 weeks. Perhaps after that we can start to get genuinely excited for the future.

Come on little ones, stay healthy, stay happy and stay with us x x x.

No comments:

Post a Comment