Monday 10 August 2009

Twelve week scan

Today was our 12 week scan, the day when the medical types tell us how the babies are doing and whether there are any problems.

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous of the whole thing really, this time around I'm a big fan of the 'no news is good news' approach - if there's nothing to report then everything must be fine and it can blumin well stay that way!!!

I was expecting a 10 minute in and out appointment with a quick glance at the kids before being booted out and told to come back at 20-something weeks.

It turned out we were in with the sonographer for almost an hour as she tried to get Elmo and Grover (Elmo sounds so much better then Shady..) to play ball so they could be measured, which proved somewhat more difficult then you would imagine. For the first 10 minutes or so there was much bouncing, floating, nodding off and random arm and leg motions which didn't prove so useful to the lady with the magic medical wand but was fabulous from where I was sitting.

Both of the kids were terrifically busy which made for great viewing - I swear I could have sat there all day and just watched them doing foetal-stuff. We got some great pictures (see Elly's blog for them and for the technical details) and I even managed to spot Grover's umbilical cord.

It has to be said that as a result of their energetic display, I am now convinced they will be Olympic athletes or, at the very least, Nobel Prize winners., that level of activity can ONLY be attributed to very bright and physically active offspring and I refuse to hear any different.

We made it to twelve weeks, the next major milestone is 20 weeks, I'm counting the seconds...

No comments:

Post a Comment