Tuesday 25 August 2009

Week 15 !!!!

Ok, so, I know I said I wasn't going to get excited but it just keeps happening.

We're into the 15th week now and although it's not been trouble free we're getting closer and closer to B-Day (Birth Day). We had our first appointment with the consultant last week and we're already talking about delivery dates - the official date is February 20, 2010 but with it being twins we can knock an extra fortnight off that date.

So, we're expecting the kids to arrive on February 6 next year (not sure of the time yet but mid-morning would be good!!) Bizarrely, to me anyways, we *will* be able to predict the time as the consultant said the best way forward will be a caesarian - by all accounts twin #2 can suffer quite a lot of trauma if we're not careful so as long as Elly is comfortable with being cut open, a c-section it is. From my perspective, anything that's quick, safe and painless for Ell and the twins gets my vote.

For the moment, that's pretty much it. We're still avoiding planning the rest of the pregnancy as it's still too early. I'll be happier when we hit 24 weeks, then I'll be ready to start the serious window shopping for prams, cots and the like. Until then the breath-holding and the waiting games continue - every day is one day closer.

The furthest I've got planning-wise is to prep my final two weeks of holiday time - looks like I'll take a week in October to decorate the nursery with my mum and dad and a second week in November when I plan to take on the living room. Oddly I'm quite looking forward to ripping the living room apart - maybe I'm going through a nesting period :)

No comments:

Post a Comment